SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
- Will we have found a way to protect earth's ecology, or will we be living in domed cities in the north?
- To what heights (and depths) will technology take us?
- What's the future of aviation - will we all be able to fly to the moon and back for a quick holiday? How about Mars?
- Will we still be able to protect new inventions with patents or will intellectual property all be free over the 'net?
- Will we be able to keep extending our lives with better and better health care or replacement body parts?
ARTS & CULTURE
- Will we still be reading paper books?
- Will movies and television still exist?
- How about live performances?
- Will anyone still be going to concerts, theatre, dance, poetry slams?
- What kind of worlds will science fiction be imagining?
- Will older forms of music like jazz and classical music still be around?
- Will new forms of art emerge?
- Will we still gather to watch performances, or will we do everything virtually from our own homes?
- What will Canada's population look like?
- Will our laws have changed?
- Will we move to a different kind of voting structure?
- Has democracy taken over the world or will there still be dictatorships, fascists, tribal wars, exploitation, and colonization of other countries?
- Will we still have a social safety net, or will it have been dismantled?
- Will religion still be a strong force in the world, or will it have withered away?
- What about the future of ethics and economics?
So much to talk about...
- Mensa members will share their ideas about the future of their own areas of work and interest
- Local artists will share their thoughts on the future
- See projections about the future of Canada’s population
- Hear a talk about Intellectual Property